Monday, September 5, 2016

Krauze: “Smolensk” is not “an ordinary film” – Czech Television

– “Smolensk” is not “an ordinary film” in my career. I tried to show as precisely as possible what happened on 10 April 2010 – says the director of “Smolensk” Andrzej Krauze.

When you decided to undertake a film about the tragedy of Smolensk?

After the press conference MAK 12 January 2011 year. They said to her that the crash was the fault of the pilots descended too low under pressure General Blasik, Commander of the Polish Air Force. Shortly after the conference, it turned out that the Institute of Forensic Research in Krakow found on the recording of the so-called. black box command commander Tupolev Arkadiusz Protasiuk command “departs on the second descent.” Previously this information was hidden. At the same time, it continued promotion of my previous film “Black Thursday. Janek Wisniewski fell. ” I was in a relationship with her invited to the TV studios of TVN and the question over which now will elaborate, I said that I think about the film about what happened in Smolensk. I explained that in this case to me is amazing, important. “Smolensk” is not “an ordinary film” in my career. I tried as far as possible to show what happened on 10 April 2010.

How did working on the script “Smolensk” ?

More than a year gathering information about those events. He worked on the script first Marcin Wolski, later joined by Thomas Łysiak, producer Maciej Pawlicki, and finally me. My role was that collect all the items together. Because of my experience, the best I realized how best to build scenes, images and dialogues.

Have you decided on a formula investigative journalism. The main character of the film is a reporter Nina.

This solution pricked life. The theme of the tragedy of Smolensk interested in the brave women. The first was Ewa Stankiewicz, which is still in April 2010, she worked with the camera on and recorded the Krakow suburb what was happening. Then came the other journalists. The main character “Smolensk” Nina works at a television station, which from the beginning knows what happened at the airport Siewernyj April 10, but hides it. The heroine of trial and error reaches the concealed information. The script was finished in 2013, then underwent slight changes.

Photos launched you in April of the same year.

We worked on already inoperative airport in Biala Podlaska. It is in many respects similar to Siewernyj, inter alia, the length of the runway and the environment. [We did not want to wait, because we wanted taking photos with the same time of the year.]

Is there a nakręciliście State scene of the crash?

No. Set designers found the open air near Warsaw.

Part of the film takes place on board a government Tupolev. How did the stage design?

We built a replica of the Tu-154 at the hall in Warsaw WFDiF. At the military airport in Minsk Mazowiecki is the second Tupolev, almost identical to the one that crashed in Smolensk. Another side is just a number – 102, not 101. I thought we could take pictures on board the plane, but did not get permission. Let us in just a moment, we filmed the approximation of the cockpit.

The filming corresponds Michael Pakulski. How did this collaboration?

When I was looking for an operator came on the information that Michael Pakulski won the award for Best Cinematography Polish film on an important Camerimage festival. I offered him to work and he agreed. I admire him for skill operator, but most of all I am grateful for their loyalty. Between periods photoshoots were long break, Michael was always available.

Why did you decide on the style paradokumentalny?

from the beginning we wanted to include “Smolensk” documentaries and did not want to stick out from the rest. The first was we needed, because even with a huge budget is not zebralibyśmy crowd of extras to shoot a scene happening on April 10 at the Presidential Palace. While working on the film dokręciliśmy at the Krakow suburb just approximation of our fictional characters. Michael Pakulski watched over a combination of materials and greatly improved the quality of televised images, which represent nearly thirty percent of the movie.

In the background you can hear music Michał Lorenc, one of the most famous Polish composers, with whom he collaborated you on “Black Thursday”.

Michael He came up with something impressive and surprising. The film opens on a musical theme reminiscent of “Bolero” by Ravel, develops and “turns” in an amazing way. It will be a surprise for the audience.

Nina game Beata Fido. This is her first big role in the cinema. Why did you choose it?

I did not know her before. I was invited to a screen test thanks to my wife Joanna, who met her at the Short Film Festival in Krakow. Among friends he told me that completes the cast was “Smolensk”. Beata has expressed a desire to play with me. During the test shots she took me with her courage and dynamism. You can easily remind me of journalists who are able to ask in front of the camera, even the most difficult question. He falls down also extremely reliable in the sequence of the film, which takes place in Chicago. He knows those realities, speak excellent English. Such details are important.

Nina heroine positive, there are also forms of negative who play Redbad Klijnstra and Jerzy Zelnik.

looking odtwórców these roles I wanted to avoid the obvious. I wanted to play villains actors who arouse the sympathy of the audience. I presented his concept Redbadowi and George. They understood it and accepted.

The entire time we talk about the characters fictional, and the “Smolensk” there is also a presidential couple, Lech and Maria Kaczynski. What trail seeding followed you in this case?

I thought that the physical conditions are less important than the ability to create a good, interesting characters. Ewa Dałkowska from the beginning was a candidate for the role of Maria Kaczynski. She knew the First Lady, I knew I had to play it. Eve prompted me to think about employment Lech Łotockiego. When I turned to him with a proposal to play in the “Smolensk” he reminded me of that before more than forty years ago took part in the screen test for my debut blockbuster “The finger of God.” He lost them when Marian Opania. He told me that after leaving the studio he realized how he should play. I thought that maybe our reunion is coincidentally the finger of God … I invited him to a meeting and gave a speech to play the scene of Lech Kaczynski in Tbilisi. It was delicious – charismatic, brave. From the place I offered him the role.

Source: kinoswiat.pl

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...