Saturday, August 27, 2016

Benedict XVI revealed why he left the Holy See – Cable Republic

– My decision to resign from further performance of the ministry was due to the knowledge that I am not able to take the difficult pilgrimage to Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day – he said in an interview published in the newspaper “La Repubblica” Pope-senior Benedict XVI.

With the Pope – senior talked Elio Guerriero, director of the Italian edition of the magazine theological Communio, Elio Guerriero.

the Pope finally stopped any speculation that emerged from the his resignation from the tenure Successor of Peter. Peter. Benedict XVI said that “in 2013, there were a lot of commitments, which as I thought I could fill well (…) Especially was already appointed the date of the World Youth Day, which was held in the summer of 2013, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In this connection I had in mind two distinct conditions. After the experience of a trip to Mexico and Cuba did not feel strong enough to take this as a very difficult journey. In addition, the program these days, as specified by the John Paul II demanded necessarily the physical presence of the Pope. you could not think of a combination of television and other forms, which provide the technology. It was also one of the circumstances because of which the withdrawal became my duty. I was finally a certainty that even without my presence Year of Faith is successful. Faith is Indeed grace, a generous gift of God to believers. therefore, I was deeply convinced that my successor, as it later anyway has also lead to the successful completion of such what he wants Mr. initiated my initiative. “

Benedict XVI also explained why he chose the monastery Mater Ecclesiae at their place of departure. Many times since its inception, visited the monastery Mater Ecclesiae. Often there pretended to attend vespers to celebrate Mass for all the nuns who resided there alternately. The last time I was there to celebrate the anniversary of the founding of the Sisters of the Visitation. John Paul II, in his time, found that the house, which previously served as the residence of the director of Vatican Radio, was to become in the future a place of contemplative prayer as a source of living water in the Vatican. Learning that spring expire three years of the presence of the Visitation almost naturally, I realized that it will be a place where I can retreat to their own way to continue the ministry of prayer, which John Paul II has allocated this house. “

Pope – senior is aware of its’ limitations and accepted the choice, as always tried to do in my life, in the spirit of obedience. Then there were more or less difficult pontificate, but there was also a lot of favors. I realized that everything I should have done, I can not do it alone, and I was almost forced to submit himself in God’s hands, trust in Jesus, from Whom, if I wrote a book about him, I felt bound by friendship old and ever deeper. She was also the Mother of God, Mother of hope, which was some support in difficulties and the closeness I felt increasingly refusing to Holy Rosary and visiting the Marian shrines. They were also finally saints, my traveling companions in life: St. Augustine and Bonaventure, my spiritual masters, but also Benedict whose motto “Nothing preferred to Christ” has become increasingly close and St. Francis, the Poverello of Assisi, first, that he realized that the world is a mirror the creative love of God, from whom we come and towards whom we are journeying “.

Certainly more than once will be able to hear what he has to say to the Pope – senior Benedict XVI. recently spoke about the crisis of modern Europe and urged to find a new direction in which you need to go to protect it from collapse.

Source: “La Repubblica” / Deon

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...