Friday, September 12, 2014

Is the TV hurt Radek Kotarskiemu? YouTuber trying … – naTemat



Is the TV hurt Radek Kotarskiemu? photo. Radek Kotarski

Radoslaw Kotarski is one of the most popular YouTuberów in Poland, whose hallmark is that it is a ‘serious’ content and realizes his films in a TV way. And more and more soaks into the world of traditional television. It has its own historical program, co-quiz and now appears in commercials one of the banks. Is television hurt him?

Radoslaw Kotarski: I’m sorry that we could not talk on Wednesday. During the recording of the latest episode Polimatów swarm of bees attacked me. But it is ok. Fever passed and was just swelling.

Paul February: I hope that the bees was not too much.

Everything has happened so quickly that even hard for me to judge. Evolution has equipped the bees in a wonderful mechanism. If one bites someone, the other sense venom and it is for them to signal that you have an object to attack in defense of the hive. I fell victim to this evolutionary behavior. Fortunately, I do not have allergies, because probably today we would not rozmwiali (laughs)

blessing in disguise. Despite your adventures with bees, but I want to ask you a few little uncomfortable questions.

ahead. Nothing can be worse than a swarm of bees.

talking some time ago with Michael Gasior said: “If anyone wants to show up more broadly, there is no other place than the Internet, which is the most democratic medium. Here, everyone is able to speak, even raising the “paw” at the top of the posts and materials. ” Something has changed in your optics since then? I ask because more and more enter the world of television. You have your own program on Channel Focus TV, współprowadzisz game show for public television, and your appearance in an advertising campaign, whose main axis are TV spots. Slowly leave the internet and enter TV

My views have not changed. Please note that all these programs and commercials have one common denominator. Probably would not have arisen if not for the internet. I still think this is the most democratic medium, from which it is worth to start. Once again, I declare that, even as I was doing a million television programs, the Internet does not give up. It happened so that I spent on the set of the TV after 14-15 hours and it was really hard work, but online material all the time then formed and continues to show. Not only that, since we started the campaign for the Millennium, and the materials for Focus TV is produced every week I am shooting more films than at the beginning of the year. In the Internet so staying.




If you feel the best in the most democratic medium that also gives developers authentic freedom, why did you enter the fossilized world linear television? New Year’s Eve, Adam Wardęga told me that it is a surprise. I am also very uncertain. Why do you limit the freedom?

I turn around the situation and say that I do not understand New Year’s Eve (laughs). We do not do a professional make-up YouTube with new materials. In fact, each of us does his own field, and YouTube is just a platform. I deal with popularizing knowledge, and if I do it on YouTube, or on television is a secondary matter. The most important is that original thought, or reach with valuable information to the widest possible audience. If this type of action that lead to YouTube, I can still support
presence on television, so much the better.

Television has its cycles of production and controls of the artists, which may limit their freedom. A ranges often worse than YouTube. Thus, there remains only the prestige of being on TV. It is for him to abandon the creative freedom?

I would agree with this claim, but only if you completely stop to YouTube. And I YouTube I complete TV. Add to that that I am a producer of my flagship television program, the “Secrets of History” in Focus TV. After a long search I managed to find a station that does not interfere with the content of the program. One of the episodes of the program was dedicated to the Soldiers cursed, that is the theme of which was not said to be so keen. Soldiers Misfits are people who after the end of World War II have not made weapons, but fought with the communists and they were brutally fought against.

Few that television would agree to such a controversial issue of material. A station that I work with had no problem with it. From the outset, I hinted that I have creative freedom, and this principle is respected to the benefit of both parties. No one comes and tells me how I look or what to say. Therefore, do not give up anything, and even go a step further, because the independence I learned on the internet I move on television.

This is a unique situation and concerns very few creators of television. And it happens that you and greatest when dropping their audience, they lose creative freedom.

But in campaigns of the Millennium is the same. As I suggested it, so created. Also note that these are not ads like all the others, which is a hundred shots per second and chaff picture and sound. In this commercial is practically one shot. These are really Polimaty etymology of the word “bank”, which lasts 30 seconds. I’m not afraid to do television programs and commercials, as long as they retain polimatowy climate.

With this, that a copy of the format Polimatów performed by advertising, at least on YouTube, does not work. These videos do not enjoy such popularity as those published in your feed.

This campaign is just starting. At the beginning of the activities of other partners had exactly the same situation. They are content posted outside my main channel, so viewers have yet to get there. Hence, the results at the beginning may not impress. Only yesterday gave information about the first episode Millematów my viewers. I give the new series of the time, and I believe that gets started when it comes to audience.

So why this decision that these films have appeared on the channel advertisers, which almost no one knows, not on your channel? Now that decisions are made to work with someone who is known for his activities on YouTube it’s probably worth it to take full advantage?

From the outset we were aware that these materials will not be on the grid enjoyed great popularity. We need only to build this canal. Polimaty and my private channel also started from scratch. When the channel Radek Kotarski, the first materials for Nescafe he had a thousand subscribers. Now it has 30 times more. I think Millematami will be similar. Now biting teeth, but construct the channel so that viewers will know going there that you will find valuable content about the world of finance.

You know your audience better than I do, but I met with voices which resounds the following note: “Radek Kotarski betrays the place where he built his popularity.” And you?

I have never seen directly from such criticism. Nobody came up to me and said that I should be only on YouTube. This may sound bad, but I have a feeling that the audience Polimatów people on the level above the rest of the commentators on the internet when it comes to class behavior and way of expression. Still the ratio of positive to negative comments is definitely better for the former. My audience is people who are able to understand more and certainly recognize that the selection of media in my business, at the moment, is less important than the pressure on the transmission of content.

But also a huge part of my audience with me then checks the TV on the Internet. Two days ago a lady wrote to me, thank you very much for an episode of “Secrets of History” dedicated to the Polish cavalry, because it believes that it was beautifully done. I am aware, however, that the understanding of most of my viewers will end up when you abandon the internet. But I’m not going to do that. Still have published a lot, and I even more.

What is the natural environment for Radek Kotarski

This is my room filled with books. I love when my desk there is not a scrap of free space because it is a lot of papers with notes, journals and books. There, I feel during the day work best. I also love to consult with professors who are true experts in their field. Then we talk about such things that most people left behind somewhere in the school. I do not know if you know, but if you try unsuccessfully to draw the sting of bees and press on the bag Venom is even more venom is in your body, but as you pull them with tweezers sliding motion that does not happen. These are the contents of our conversations, about whose truth painfully realized (laughs). Therefore Polimaty is a dream job. Recently a very good feel working with edited by forming a Polimatów. Then the wise heads, including my brother, which I really appreciate the cooperation sit and work on the themes of the program. We have created it recently and it gives me a lot of satisfaction.

And how is the Internet and television? Where do you feel better?

In fact, during production do not see any difference. Can, furthermore, inside the television is more. But not always. “Secrets of History” form on the set of three. My wife, our cameraman and myself. A Polimaty we’re shooting in two, three. No major differences.

So you might as well give up YouTube and take care of the TV. Confirm the opinion that you are an exceptional creator of the online, because from the very beginning of doing television work. Christopher Gonciarz or New Year’s Eve Wardęgi not imagine the television, and you belong there.

“Ask a Barrel” on television can not imagine, but the materials travel Pawel’s not so. They are very good quality. On YouTube are the formats that are difficult to move elsewhere. But this is a minority.

Let me ask you now sacramental question. What are the serious content on YouTube? If you ask any of the other, in their replies to your name always appears.

ograniczałbym that only the same content. Today, these are the materials that are also well done. This valuable films and layer production, and layer substance. And I do not just mean the movement of so-called serious topics, but also a valuable humor or entertainment, for example. In counterpoint to some Polish cabarets in television.

I remember how many times we spoke with Sylvester Wardęga about whether video uploaded to YouTube must be technically well done. New Year’s Eve claimed that the content itself is the most important, and I convinced him that the execution is equally important. His last film is brilliantly done in terms of implementation, and it does not cover the content of the materials. Over the last two years Polish YouTube very sprofesjonalizował and sometimes it is superior to television.

Speaking of YouTuberami more and more I am convinced that the creators of the internet “adult” television standards, and that these two worlds will be even more to penetrate. And I have a feeling that they will compete with each other, but also fruitfully co-exist.

I agree with the fact that the creators of YouTube create more and better materials and often outdo TV. On the other hand I have the impression that the internet and television will operate on the same footing. I’m not saying that television will soon close, but YouTube will threaten them tight enough that they will have to change. They will have to invest in content that will not be such a pulp as today. And my marriage with one of the young TV is a good signal for the future.

We have shown that you can do historical program in such a way that it sold well, while left valuable knowledge. TV must be put in the interaction with the audience. Here you can see the first signs, but to continue to exist, television has increasingly conformed to YouTube. This can be seen in the example of “Wieczorynki”. Today, kids do not need and do not want to wait until someone shows them their favorite fairy tale. All are on the screen of your tablet, whenever they feel like it.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...